You’ve gotta try this TikTok-famous milk toast—it’s a total hit and super simple with only 4 ingredients , ready in under 10 minutes . Plus, it’s a breeze to make it vegan since no eggs are required!
Toast is a go-to for me, such a handy choice for a speedy breakfast. I’ve got this amazing recipe for Banana Cheese on Toast, but the only catch is, you’ll need an air fryer for it. French Toast is fantastic too, but it does require some advanced prep.
Now, when it comes to milk toast, no need for any prep – I can whip it up in just 10 minutes with a simple pan. That’s why I love it!
Table of Contents
🧇 Ingredients for Milk Toast
You only need four ingredients for this milk toast recipe: toast (sandwich or brioche), butter, fresh milk, and condensed milk. Here condensed milk is absolutely a game-changer.
Step 1: Take two slices of bread and spread condensed milk on one slice, then sandwich them together.
Step 2: In a skillet, melt 1/2 tbsp butter over medium-low heat. Pan-fry the sandwich with butter until both sides are golden brown.
Step 3: Pour 2 tbsp of milk, half on the bread and half in the pan. Cook the toast on medium-low heat until the milk is completely absorbed. Carefully flip the toast and repeat with another 2 tbsp of milk. You’ll need a total of 4 tbsp (1/4 cup or 60ml) of milk for two slices of sandwich.
Step 4: Once there’s no milk left in the pan, add 1/4 tbsp butter. Toast the bread with sandwich on low heat until it turns crispy on one side. Flip it again and toast the other side with another 1/4 tbsp butter.
Step 5: Serve the milk toast hot, accompanied by some fruits, and perhaps drizzle some more condensed milk on top. Enjoy!
More recipes with bread:
🌟 Helpful Tips
- For me, I find that 1/4 cup (60ml) of milk is perfect for the toast with 2 slices of a sandwich, not too much to make the toast too soggy.
- Don’t pour all the milk at once. The toast needs time to absorb the milk, and if it’s soaked in milk for too long, it might become too soggy on the outside.
- Toasting the sandwich at the end is important if you like your toast moist inside and crispy outside.
- Replace fresh milk with half & half or evaporated milk for an even better flavor.
- If you are vegan, simply substitute regular milk with plant-based alternatives like almond milk or oat milk, and replace condensed milk with vegan condensed milk.
- For the leftover condensed milk, you could try these recipes:
Moreover, you can discover other easy and sweet recipes on my blog, such as:
Did you find this recipe helpful?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below! Your support means the world to me! It would greatly inspire me to create more valuable content about Vietnamese and Asian cuisines. Thank you and have a nice day!! Don’t forget to stay in touch with me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube 🥰.
Tiktok-Viral Milk Toast (4 ingredients, No Soggy)
- 2 slices sandwich
- ½ tbsp condensed milk (to your taste)
- ¼ cup fresh milk (60ml, 4 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Take two slices of bread and spread condensed milk on one slice, then press them together to form a sandwich.
- Melt 1/2 tbsp butter over medium-low heat in a skillet. Pan-fry the sandwich with butter until both sides achieve a golden brown color.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of milk, with half on the bread and half in the pan. Cook the toast on medium-low heat until the bread absorbs the milk completely.
- Carefully flip the toast and repeat the process with another 2 tbsp of milk. You'll need a total of 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) of milk for two slices of the sandwich.
- Once the pan is milk-free, add 1/4 tbsp butter. Toast the bread with the sandwich on low heat until it becomes crispy on one side. Flip it again and toast the other side with another 1/4 tbsp butter.
- Serve the milk toast hot, accompanied by some fruits, and perhaps drizzle some more condensed milk on top. Enjoy!
- In my experience, 1/4 cup (or 60ml) of milk works perfectly for two slices of sandwich toast – just enough to avoid sogginess.
- Avoid pouring all the milk at once. The toast needs time to absorb the milk; if it stays soaked for too long, it could end up overly soggy on the outside.
- Toasting the sandwich at the end is important for achieving a moist interior and a crispy exterior.
- Upgrade the flavor by swapping out fresh milk for half & half or evaporated milk.
For a vegan twist, easily replace regular milk with plant-based alternatives such as almond or oat milk, and switch condensed milk for the vegan-friendly condensed milk.