Soy Garlic Chicken Breast is an incredible 15-minute chicken breast recipe with a magical 4-ingredient Soy Garlic Sauce! A fantastic option to have up your sleeve for those bustling evenings when time is short.
Alright, so here’s the scoop: I’m totally on team chicken thighs – they just bring that extra oomph, you know? But hold up, if you’ve got the chicken breast game down pat, it’s like a juicy and tender revelation waiting to happen.
Plus, if you’re all about getting that protein punch for those muscle gains, chicken breast is your golden ticket. True story: I whip up this recipe post my workout sessions, and it’s like a hero’s feast.
Oh, and by the way, if you’re vibing with chicken thighs like I do, these recipes are practically shouting your name:
Soy Garlic Chicken Breast
Drawing inspiration from the delightful Japanese Teriyaki Chicken and the flavorful Korean Soy Garlic Fried Chicken (Dakgangjeong), my sauce is a delicious homage.
The best part? This sauce isn’t just a breeze to whip up using your trusty pantry staples, it’s also the ultimate protein companion. Whether you’re hanging with pork, beef, salmon, shrimp, or even the cool kids like tofu, this sauce knows how to strut its stuff.
Chicken breast: I used two boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. Just keep in mind that the cooking time might vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts. If you’re more of a fan of chicken thighs, they can work well here too.
Seasonings: I lightly seasoned the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, as the sauce will take care of the rest of the flavoring.
Sauce: The soy garlic sauce includes minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, butter, and rice vinegar.
📝 How to make soy garlic chicken breast
Begin by prepping the chicken breast, creating criss-cross incisions that penetrate about 2/3 of the way down without cutting through entirely. This method yields a delightful mix of crisp edges, deep sauce penetration, and a perfectly moist interior. It also makes the chicken look really cool, doesn’t it 😎?
Lightly season the chicken with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
Heat up your skillet over medium-high heat, then apply a thin, even layer of oil.
Add the chicken and cook for 4 – 5 minutes per side, flipping once.
After around 7 minutes of cooking time, add butter, minced garlic.
Then, add soy sauce, honey, and vinegar with the ratio 2:2:1.
Simmer until the sauce thickens. Flip the chicken breasts to toss them in the delectable soy garlic sauce.
🥢 Serving Suggestions
- The most straightforward approach to relish soy garlic chicken breast is by pairing it with steamed rice (my quick & easy steamed Jasmine rice in microwave).
Explore more tasty recipes with Jasmine rice
- Or you can pair it with noodles, such as my Lao Gan Ma noodles for a delightful twist.
- Another idea, use it as a flavorful filling for chicken rice paper rolls.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any others from my blog, please share your creations with me on Instagram by tagging #savour_thepho or mentioning me in your stories with @savour_thepho. I would be thrilled to see what you’ve made and it would definitely brighten my day! Don’t forget to stay in touch with me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube .
Soy Garlic Chicken Breast
- 1 Pan
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar (5%)
- Minced garlic
- Black Pepper
- Start by preparing the chicken breast with criss-cross cuts, ensuring they penetrate about 2/3 of the way down without cutting through entirely. It helps the sauce seep deep to the chicken.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high, add a thin layer of oil, and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side.
- After 7 minutes, add butter and minced garlic.
- Then, add soy sauce, honey, and vinegar in a 2:2:1 ratio.
- Simmer a few minutes to thicken the sauce. Toss the chicken to coat it in the delectable soy garlic sauce.